Today’s blog post is a special highlight post for any new visitors, particularly if you’re coming from Liz Strauss’s Blog-to Show. Welcome to 7P Productions!
This blog is about achieving goals and dreams. The articles are sometimes light and sometimes a little on the heavy side, but I always aim to provide something of value in the articles and to make it a good read as well.
Below are links to a few of my recent articles that were popular. Check them out and hope you enjoy!
- Which Superhero Blockbuster Movie Are You?: I subscribe to Joseph Campbell’s theory that all heroic stories follow the same archetype pattern called the monomyth. From Batman to Kung Fu Panda, we can use one of the superhero blockbuster movies to help us figure out who we are.
- The Hidden Water of Life: Have you lost your passion? Perhaps it could be for work. Or for your significant other. Or, perhaps it’s some goal, some pursuit, some mission that you have been faithfully serving all your life but the realities of the day-to-day has worn your passion down. This article is simply one person’s opinion of how to get that passion back.
- Eight Rules of Leadership from George Washington: Dear Senator McCain and Senator Obama: you are running for a position that we lost faith in. For the winner, remember this… be the great leader that is needed. Earn our support. Get back to first principles. You only need to look to the first President as a model for being a great leader.
- Do Nice Guys Finish Last?: I decided to finally answer this question once and for all. This can only be achieved by applying a scientifically rigorous approach. My method was to think of a few questions that would test my theory, arrive at the answers using my gut instincts, and then use Google to see if anyone else agrees.
- Apologizing Is a Form of Weakness: When you apologize you show weakness. Good. Be weak. Show you’re human. Make mistakes. Make them early and make them often. Learn from them. Grow.